The National Baptist Convention of America and Lott Carey Baptist Foreign Mission Society, in partnership with the American Red Cross, has formed a Disaster Services Network, wherein Lott Carey and NBCA will help vulnerable communities prepare for, respond to, and recover from large scale disasters.
Disaster Response Strategy:
- Educate congregations and communities toward effective disaster preparedness;
- Encourage congregations to recruit and train volunteers to participate in disaster response;
- Recruit churches to become certified shelters for vulnerable populations;
- Provide spiritual care and case management in communities of color;
- Facilitate effective church and community philanthropy in response to disasters
For a full presentation on the NBCA and LCBFMS Disaster Services Network in partnership with the American Red Cross, please click on the link below.